I saw this on Naomi’s blog a while ago and lost it in my drafts. I love a tag post – it’s a great way to tell your readers a bit more about yourself.
1. How Tall Are You?
5ft 8in – so just above average for a woman
2. Do You Have A Hidden Talent? If So, What?
I can pick things up with my toes – like pencils or paintbrushes when I was a kid, it’s useful if I drop something.
3. What’s Your Biggest Blog-Related Pet Peeve?
The snide bitchiness that goes on and the accusations of stealing people’s ideas – it’s not always plagiarism. Sometimes it’s genuinely being inspired by a post. Maybe just say “this post was inspired by ….” or something.
4. What’s Your Biggest Non-Blog Related Pet Peeve?
People who walk really slowly in the middle of the pavement so you can’t walk around them. Living in London this is a daily nightmare.
5. What’s Your Favourite Song?
It changes depending on my mood, but Nina Simone singing “I think it’s gonna rain today” is always on the list.
6. What’s Your Favourite Social Media Website?
I do love the twitters (HT Marian Keyes)
7. What’s Your Favourite Way To Spend Your Free Time When You’re Alone?
Reading and eating popcorn, or taking a much needed nap. I do love a nap.
8. What’s Your Favourite Junk Food?
Probably salted popcorn with Galaxy counters or chocolate buttons chucked in there so you get the salty and the chocolatey – oh so good.
9. Do You Have A Pet Or Pets? If So, What Kind And What Are Their Names?
Currently we have four rats, all girls, Izzie who is a pink eyed white and about 2, then 3 little cheeky ratscallions – Rosie Posie, Dumbo (Little D) and Ninja who are sisters and about 8 weeks old, they’re hooded, dumbo rex rats, so they have different markings, really soft fur, big round ears and curly whiskers.
10. What’s Your Favourite Fiction And Non-Fiction Books?
This could be a really long list – I have so many top reads, but I will go with These Is My Words by Nancy Turner as I love this book so much, and recommend Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis (from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers) as my favourite non-fiction biographical book as it is so compelling a read I literally read it in one sitting. Otherwise Prisoners of Geography is one of the most interesting non-fiction books I’ve ever read.
11. What’s Your Favourite Beauty Product Or Tool?
I really do like a good blending sponge and my Spectrum Collection brushes are pretty excellent. Product wise I am a big fan of Soap & Glory’s primer and Make Up Revolution’s setting spray, both mean that my make up looks good and stays put.
12. When Were You Last Embarrassed? What Happened?
I trod on the back of my friend’s boot the other day, she was really nice about it but I need to watch where I put my clown feet.
13. If You Could Only Drink One Beverage (Besides Water) For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would It Be?
Diet Coke – my one vice apart from buying takeaways instead of cooking too often…
14. What’s Your Favourite Movie?
Much like the book question this contains multitudes – Empire Records, The Princess Bride, My Neighbour Totoro, Rent, Disney’s Hercules, the list goes on…
15. What Was Your Favourite Lesson In School And Why?
Drama because Mr Jones was a fab teacher, and I thought I wanted to act. I now know I’d be better off as a Stage Manager, and that one day I will write a play.
16. If You Could Live Anywhere In The World, Where Would You Live?
There’s an island in the Venetian lagoon that hardly anyone lives on – that would suit my hermit nature down to a tee.
17. PC Or Mac?
I like the look of Macbooks but I lack the resources to own one. Mostly I use my dying laptop.
18. Last Romantic Gesture From A Crush, Date, Boy/Girlfriend, Spouse? (Or Kind Gesture From A Friend)
My fiancé, bless him, isn’t the romantic sort really, but he bought me some biscuits while I was stuck at home sick in a bid to cheer me up.
19. Favourite Celebrity?
Not really into celebrity as such – there’s some pretty cool writers out there I’ve met and Sarah Millican seems like she’s pretty awesome.
20. What Blogger Do You Secretly Want To Be Best Friends With?
George from Fuller Figure Fuller Bust – who is incredibly lovely (we got our first rats from her) and just seems to be someone who’s really fun to hang out with.
21. Who Is Your Biggest Inspiration?
My Grandad – left school at 13 to start working, was in the RAF, lost his father at 19, first wife died at 22, moved to London shortly after, met my Nan, married her, adopted her children (my mum and aunt), raised his family, worked like crazy, ran his own company, retired and sold it, got bored so went and got another job, has travelled all over the place, and now takes care of Nanny who is very poorly, despite being 86 with 2 new knees, 2 pacemakers and hearing aids. He’s pretty cool and we swap thrillers.
22. What Is Your Favourite Blog To Read?
Vix Meldrew is hilarious and insightful. I also loved Tara from Cattitude & Co but she’s taking a break from blogging right now.
23. What Is Your Favourite High Street Shop?
Waterstones or Superdrug probably – books and skincare are pretty much all I buy these days.
24. Are You In Education Or Do You Work?
I work for a charity, but even when I was a student (oh I miss those days) I worked as well so it feels like I’ve been working forever.